Hiding your iPhone application could sometimes be the solution to the security of your files. Some social apps like Facebook, WhatsApp and so on, and even games could also get you stuck with your phone all the time, depriving you all other important things you were supposed to do.
I know none of the above maybe healthy for you who want privacy and fighting hard to beat your addiction to a particular iPhone app. So here explained in this article are different ways you can hide your apps on iPhone to help you manage your files and also keep you away from them.
The two ways you can hide your apps on iPhone are:
- Hiding the apps by putting them in app folder.
- By configuring your iPhone to hide the apps from iPhone Search as installed apps.
1. HOW TO HIDE IPHONE APPS BY PUTTING THEM IN AN APP FOLDER
One way you can hide your app on iPhone is my hiding it in app folder. To effectively hide an app by this means, you have to fill the first page and probably the second page of the folder with other apps; then fill the subsequent pages with the app(s) you wan to hide.
You can move the app to an already existing folder or you can create a new folder. I suggest you give a boring name to that folder so that you will be less lured to opening it.
- On the app icon which you want to hide, click and hold untie it begins to wiggle.
At this point, drag the app into the folder you want it. While on the folder, you can now reposition it depending on the number of apps in the folder.
- To place the app in pages other than the first, the apps in the first page must be up to nine. So you will put the apps you are OK with on the first page, with the ones you want to hide following in the subsequent pages.
- To create a second page in the folder, tap and hold, then drag the app to the right corner of your iPhone.
Create as many pages as possible and put the iPhone apps you want to hide in the later pages. This will make it difficult for you or other people to see easily.
Well, this method of hiding app on iPhone does not absolutely do the job. It only keeps your eyes from accidentally coming across it.
2. HIDE YOUR IPHONE APP BY KEEPING IT AWAY FROM IPHONE SEARCH
Hiding apps in folders does not prevent someone who is determined from seeing those apps you intend to hide because he could simply use the app search tool. So the best way is to hide the apps from appearing in the search result. How can you do that?
- Go to Settings
- When on the settings pages, tap the Siri and Search button.
- Locate and select the app you want to hide from search.
- Toggle off Siri & Suggestions by swiping left
- Also Toggle off Show App by swiping left too.
- Repeat this for all the apps you want to hide from iPhone search.
You can reverse the effect by toggling on the Siri and Suggestion and the Show App options.
So these are the ways by which you can hide your apps on iPhone.